Friday, May 14, 2010

Lazy


So I must admit I'm having a lazy day today..... Still no BM we are going on 4 days here and i'm getting worried... I keep thinking he will have a major bm soon so I put a disposable on him this morning and no luck....

I will just have to suck it up and put a cloth on him and deal with the poo! lol
Look at that adorable diaper cover! There's another one in the background (the orange is a bummis super brite, and the one on him is a Thirsties)



Washing my first load of dapers today also.
Had 7 wet diapers yesterday So I washed them since we only started out with 12 I don't want to get too terribly low. (we will purchase more if we decide to keep upwith this long term)



This is how to wash them:
1 cold rinse cycle with no detergent
1 hot cycle with 1 tsp. all natural laundry detergent (I have a front loading machine
1 extra rinse cycle
dry on medium temp.



The diapers should come out smelling like water if they stink you need to wash them again.

My projectyesterday was a wetbag. I purchased one the other day and the more I looked at it I decided I could make my own with the fabric I have left over from his nursery bedding and curtains. It has PUL fabric inside which has a plastic liner. And I added some ribbons so that it could hang from an infant hanger on the closet door.
Well little love is waking from his nap and it's bath time so I should get going!
Happy Diapering!

1 comment:

  1. Mom had all 4 of us in cloth diapers! I remember Cole and Ross' wet diaper bin, smelly smelly smelly. Things are more efficient these days though! :) You are so creative and thrifty???? Teach me your ways oh samurai. Hehe. It's fun following this!

    ReplyDelete