Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day 1 down.

it's 9:30pm on our first day in cloth diapers. And the day went great. I am finding that it's really not that much harder to diaper him than disposables! I have three diaper covers so I just put the prefold diaper into each one so that it's ready to go when I change him. You could just remove the diaper from the cover and add a new one to the same cover but...... I don't risk not having something under him at all times!
All in all it was a great day. I think i'm going to go with disposable for the night just because I'm not sure how absorbant the cloth are right now (they get better the more you wash them) and he is sleeping around 10 hours most nights.
The hubby is coming around to the idea of cloth diapering too! I really am surprised yet appreciate his willingness to try it for me!
Little man hasn't had a bm in 3 days now (the dr. says this is normal for breastfed babies) but I am afraid of the blowout he will have when he does as I don't have a diaper sprayer yet so cleaning the poo could prove problematic!
I was told that exclusively breastfed babies bm's are water soluble so there is no need to rinse the diapers they can go straight to the wash! He does get a few ounces of formula each day though so we have to rinse... bummer.
I plan on purchasing a sprayer(hooks into the clean water supply on your toilet so you can spray the poo straight into the toilet) once we have been on cloth for a few weeks to make sure we can stick with it before I shell out too much more money ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment