Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I bought my diapers

So I found a lady who runs a business out of her home selling cloth diapers and teaching people how to use them in town! Her website is www.ecobuns.com
She was super nice, and helpful. She spent atleast an hour explaining everything to me and teaching me how to use and care for myCloth Diapers (CD)s.

Don't tell my husband but I will break down for you what I spent so you can get an idea of the costs of CDing.

2 thirsties duo wraps at 12.75 each.
these come in two different sizes I got the smalls today as they will fit him up to 18
pounds. They have a snappable rise and they close with velcro just like a regular
diaper.
1 Bummi super brite diaper cover at 12.25
these come in three different sizes but this size also should fit him up to 18lbs.
one size no snappable rise, also with a velcro closure.
2- 6 packs of Bummi's organic cotton prefold diapers at 15.00 (thats 2.50 each diaper)
These are what go inside the diaper covers. Organic so it won't irritate baby's bum.
They are the most cost effective way to cloth diaper and fairly easy to use although
not as easy as the all in one diapers.
1pk. Bummis biosoft liners 6.00 for 100 sheets
The biosoft liners will be nice when we are out and about. You place one liner over the
cloth diaper and that way when baby has a BM you can flush or toss the liner with the
poo and you don't have to carry around a very dirty diaper all day.
1 Allens Natural laundry detergent 1 qt. 18.95
I do make my own homemade laundry detergent. But it has a mild scent and I was told you
do not use any softeners or perfumes on cloth diapers as they can effect their absorbancy
I will only have to use 1tsp. of this detergent for each load of diapers so needless to say
it should last me quite awhile!
1 wetbag 17.50
To put used diapers in until its time to wash them.
Total came to around 106. Which is probably a couple of months worth of disposables. But this is a one time purchase. That I will be able to use for my baby now and any future children!

No comments:

Post a Comment