Monday, May 24, 2010

Cloth wipes?

I was thinking why get cloth wipes too they seem like extra work when wipes really aren't that expensive anyways and I don't go through a lot having a boy. And one that doesn't have a bm every day or even every 3 days.
But..... you typically wrap the wipe up in the disposable diaper and throw it all away right?
Where do you put it when you have a cloth diaper? I though of having a small trash can on the changing table but thats one more thing sitting out and one more thing i have to remember to empty.
I'm thinking of making my own cloth wipes so save even more money and then they can just go into the wetbag along with the diapers. I have to wash the diapers anyways so why not wash a couple of wipes too!


On another note I looked into a diaper sprayer and they are all around $44.00 if you want an actual "diaper" sprayer. I found a guy on ebay who makes them using a sink sprayer attatched to your clean water supply on the toilet just like the diaper sprayer would. The best part it was only $27.50 plus free shipping!!! Took less than 4 days to get here and less than 30mins to have my hubby hook it up and it works like a charm.
This week we had two major blow outs in one day following a 3 day poop strike ;)
one did get the inside of the diaper cover a bit but no leaks! I am loving these diapers!

My goal this week is to get up a short clothes line to hang the diapers to dry. It shouldn't take too long seeing how hot it is and the sun will help bleach out any stains that might occur. (haven't had any staining yet!) Plus saving on the energy of running the dryer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment