Sunday, May 16, 2010

Poo!

So we finally had poo on friday... Haven't been on here in awhile....
The first dirty diaper I had used a biosoft liner which is supposed to "catch" everything so you can just pick it up and flush it. This didn't go so well though. I don't knowif I need to fold the diaper skinnier because it bunches up so bad and the liner bunched up and the poo got everywhere even on the diaper cover. But the gussets on the cover contained the blowout. So we just had to wash the cover this timearound.
The second dirty diaper went a little better still got some on the cover but it's to be expected I'm still learning how to fold and but the diapers on.
The diapers don't seem to bother little man so thats good.
We are dealing with some diaper rash today so we have been using disposables most of the day today. ( You aren't supposed to use diaper creams with the cloth diapers unless you have a special kind whichI don't yet have) Most diaper creams make the diapers less effective. Just like detergents, and fabric softeners can do.
On anoher note cleaning the dirty diaper was not so great. I haven't yet bought the diaper sprayer because it will put me back close to $50 dollars and I wanted to make sure I can stick with this before I spent too much money.
I did find some instructions onlie for making your own diaper sprayer using materials you can find at a lowes or home depot type store for a lot less money.
All in all it's still a good experience with cloth!

No comments:

Post a Comment