Sunday, July 21, 2013

Hubby Turns 30!i!i!

Anyone who knows me knows how much I LOVE to plan and throw parties.... Hubby turned 30 yesterday and of course I had to throw him a party! It was meant to be a surprise party (because I knew if I told him we were having one he wouldn't allow it ;).  During berry season is not a good time for a birthday and I had actually worried he would be late to his own party, but alas he was done early... like 3pm on a Saturday early... Soooo instead of trying to keep the poor guy away from the house which he only spends a few (awake) hours a day at, I decided to let him in on the secret early... :)

A semi-related story before we get into the details of the party.... Anyone who knows our dog knows she has MAJOR food ISSUES! Like will eat anything and everything that could be eaten. She had multiple trips to the emergency vet an hour way.  Her list includes things like 2 packs of sugar free gum (xylitol is poisnous for a dog btw), too much of her own food causing her to be so bloated she was having labored breathing, gummi worms, nerds, chocolate chex mix the list goes on and on, and on and on..... Friday night she managed to get past the baby gate in the pantry in our basement, and kindly unzip the zipper on my Thirty-One cooler to get to some party supplies I had been hiding from kyle.  She consumed close to 1/2lb of salt water taffy wrappers and all and a 7oz bag of red vine licorice. She also managed to find a ring pop open that up and luckily eat just the candy not the wrapper and plastic ring part!! I was up at 12:30am calculating the dose of baby tylenol for her weight to help keep her comfortable...I have and am not afraid to give her hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting but she was so bloated that I knew there could be risks involved with putting her tummy through that trauma and what she ate wasn't poisonous. She slept fine all night was very weak the next morning we didnt feed her and a few hours later she vomited up 7 times of bright red licorice colored whole pieces of salt water taffy! ugh!!! BUT she is THE MOST AMAZING and tolerable dog with our two boys so we have to take the quirks...

On to the fun stuff!!! I decided to go with a Vintage Baseball theme. We are big into baseball in this house and I knew he would love it!

        ::My awesome little sister made cupcakes for the party! Cherry Cola complete with cherry pie filling in the middle and a chocolate baseball on top. And the birthday boy's fave Red Velvet with fondant baseballs.
                              :: I made the Beer "cake" for him. A few people were sure I bought it made like that lol.
                  :: Like I said I had a bit too much fun planning this! I made the food signs and the "concessions" sign.
                             ::For dinner we had everything you would have a baseball game. Hot Dogs in paper holders(with all the fixins), chips and nacho cheese in the plastic divided containers, Cracker Jacks, Fresh popped popcorn.
                           :: I also made the score board and the team scores are his birthday!
 
                              :: Had to have CocaCola in glass bottles with the paper straws tied to them with twine :) My awesome brother-in-law made a VERY yummy Rum Punch which everyone loved so much he had to make a second batch!
                        ::Whats a baseball game without peanuts and sunflower seeds? Had to have the "baby ruth" candy bars as well :) (no that bucket was not full! I sat a cake pan in the top :)


                        :: everyone seemed to have a great time and we were *blessed* with the most perfect weather!

                  ::I put no children on the invites but our own don't count.... especially since the only people to ever watch my boys were all at the birthday party! :)
                                   ::Yup she had to be tied up because even after her late night candy binge last night she was still trying to get everyones food!
                            :: Me and the most amazing hubby in the world! (the party looked great which meant no time for me to do my hair! oh well....)
                     ::lil man enjoyed scooping popcorn for everyone!
                        ::The Tigers were on and my hubby has a table built into the deck for the t.v... it worked out perfectly to watch the game at our "baseball" party!
                            ::One of the best friends a gal could ask for. Isn't it awesome when you feel so secure you can always be completely honest with someone and know that you will not be judged? Again *Blessed*
                         ::His Tigers Tervis cup :)

Highlights: Again the weather was absolutely perfect!  Everything went off wihtout a hitch! SUPER *blessed* to have had the help of my momma and sisters with help cleaning and setting up for the party. And hubs wonderful grandma who took the boys for an hour long walk (they really needed it they had both been crank all day and baby boy hadn't napped well.... screamed when we put him in the jogger but was out before she hit the sidewalk!  Got to spend the evening with everyone we love! Since the party was at our house we didnt have to leave early to put the boys to bed nor did I have to have a sitter put them to bed...(never has someone other than me, hubs or one of our moms done bedtime and I love that) I just snuck away to do bedtime with lil man then a bit later snuck back in to put baby boy to bed!

Woke up Sunday morning feeling very lazy we decided to forgo church instead spending a relaxing morning together as a family. Picked up from the party got some laundry hung on the line (done with week three!). Then went to a friends house to swim for a few hours, and to my parents for an impromptu supper.  All three of my guys were in bed by 9pm tonite!

2 comments:

  1. So fun!! I was going to ask of your dog was a lab, until I saw her picture. Our dog has a few not so fun quirks too...it once cost me $250 to have her "pass" the ear of her stuffed bunny at the vet because it was stuck. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha nope but just as bad as a lab! Sadly each of our emergency vet trips costed more than $250. Hubby said the last one was her last so since then I have a "secret" stash incase of emergency he can't tell me no! lol not that I think he really would ever say no :)One of those trips was from Pentwater to Grand Rapids.. my poor dad rode in the back with her because I was convinced she wasn't going to make it and I had to be incharge driving... pretty sure he thought he wasn't gonna make it in one piece the way I was driving but the roads were empty as it was like 3am! lol

      Delete