Tuesday, July 2, 2013

July goals

Summer is here and although the weather today (rainy and 60 degrees) may not show it I'm getting very excited for the next few months! I have two new goals to try out for this month. Number one is meal planning, with it being our busiest month of the year for blueberries I figure a little less stress could make a big difference. I've tried to meal plan numerous times but always set myself up for failure, trying to stick to a strict regimen just doesn't work for our family. Instead I'm going to actually plan 4 meals each week and it won't matte which night we end up eating it as long as I have the ingredients in the house to make it we are good. I figure we will probably eat at my parents or a cookout somewhere one night each week, have leftovers another and do something easy like order pizza or make pancakes the 7th meal. I do enjoy freezer cooking but I'm bad at using what's in my freezer to its full advantage so if I Plan it out hopefully I will use them more!
Second goal for the month is to not turn on my dryer all month !! Sounds crazy to a lot of you I know! I've always dried the cloth diapers on the line in the summer, but now that my hubby built me a real clothesline I'm loving being able to fit an entire load on the line! I'm excited to take this one more step towards being green. The benefits are many, cheaper electric bills, clothes will last longer, natural fresh scent instead of nasty dryer sheets, who doesn'tove watching clothes blow in the wind I think it's sort of peaceful;) hubby said there's. I way I could do it so you better believe I'm gonna try my hardest to prove him wrong!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment