Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Two weeks into no dryer month.

I got a bit excited and started the last few days of June on my bet with the hubs. I bet that I could dry EVERYTHING on our new clothesline he built me. Two weeks in and I haven't turned on my dryer yet.... And you know what? I'm really enjoying it!

Some things I've noticed....

If I fold the clothes as I take them off the line they don't sit in heaping piles waiting to be folded for days on end.

It's actually quite relaxing as long as baby J isn't hanging on my leg screaming for my attention (he's been cutting teeth and extremely attached to mommy lately). 

It's somewhat fulfilling knowing I'm harnessing the suns power to do my work. (Did that sound a bit hippie to you too?).

I can't wait to see July's energy bill to see if this is making a difference at all!

Only downfalls....

Towels get a bit "crispy" but they don't stay that way long.

Japanese beetles are terrible here right now and they seem to really enjoy hanging out on my laundry. Brought a few into the house the first week before I started shaking everything out and double checking for stowaways. 

When it's super humid it will take ALL day and your stuff may still be damp when it's time to bring it in... 

There is no way I will let the hubby win this one!:) 

Want to take on the challenge with me? You can start out small say just a week or two! Let me know if you do!

1 comment:

  1. Love this idea. I need to get back in the habit of drying everything on he line.

    ReplyDelete