Saturday, June 25, 2011

Super Powers and Oreo Yogurt


My boo and Emma(dog) enjoying my awesome garage sale find!
I recently got a steal of a deal at a garage sale. A bike buggy that converts to a jogger for only $15!!! I absolutely love it! Attempted to run once: did not go so well! Have not tried it on the bike yet. Today though I broke out my rollerblades and we had a great time! The weather today is absolutely beautiful not to hot which is of utmost importance for me to be outside.
I realized today that excersising in the morning gives me superpowers that last all day long! It really is amazing! After that little trip I had an impromptu freezer cooking session. (Whole wheat chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, and 4 pans of Cheesy potatoes). Did all my laundry and dipes, vacuumed the whole house, cleaned the bathroom and kitchen, cleared off my kitchen table which is a miracle all on it's own, and still spent lots of quality time with my fam! And that's all before 5pm. Not to mention we had two sets of guests over in that time frame and have another round of guests coming soon! Whew I think I will sleep good tonite!
Super powers aside I ask myself why is it still so hard to get the motivation to exercise even when I know how much good it will do me for the day?!?!?!
I had an Aha moment this week! We love yogurt in this house but I hate to have it go bad (this doesn't happen too often since we buy organic which seems to last a lot longer!). I buy plain for my boo and don't like to buy two 32 oz. containers at once so I bought a package of oreo cookies and ground them up in the food processor...... Then I store them in a ziploc baggie in the freezer. Now I can turn my plain yogurt into a yummy late night snack! Yogurt already takes the place of ice cream in our house! It's nice to be able to buy the bigger container to save money and have less waste in the way of all those small yogurt containers. I just sprinkle a little bit of my oreo crumbs into my yogurt and voila! Yummo! :)
p.s I highly reccomend Stoneyfield Farms Yogurt. It is absolutely delicious not to mention it is organic and offsets their carbon emmissions by giving 10 percent of their profits to enviromental causes!

1 comment:

  1. Dang girl! That was an awesome deal for that! I've really been wanting to find a decently priced bike buddy. & that is sooo where my 13y/o Elmo would be too! But it's just so miserably HOT down here!
    & I will definitely hafta try out that yogurt topping ;-)
    & Lord knows why we have such great tendencies to fight our inner super powers?! Makes us feel SO much better!!! Yet it often seems much too hard to get started...

    ReplyDelete