Sunday, June 12, 2011

Summer Goals Update: Sun protection

I have crossed off the first item on my "Summer Goals" list!
My first project was to protect my boo from the sun while playing outside.
The Problem: We have recently cut down all our pine trees as they were diseased and we were building a barn. Now we have virtually no shade. Our deck especially gets HOT and we spend a lot of our time outside there as we have his pool on the deck. ( this "lattice" as I call it was already on our deck but was pretty much just for looks!) You can also see some of the fabric already hanging I forgot to get a real before pic!
The Solution: roughly $70 in outdoor fabric and about 1 hour of cutting and sewing! Note: I did not use the blue fabric on the deck, this will hopefully be used as a shade for our hand-me-down swingset we just recieved!
The finished product: YAY!!! but of course the sun as not been out since we got the shades put up, so we haven't really gotten a chance to see how well they work! They sure look cute though don't they? haha

2 comments:

  1. That is adorable Jordon!!!! So cute!!! I am going to put a link to your blogspot on the facebook group, if that's okay?? I want to learn how to be as resourceful and creative as you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is gorgeous and such a clever idea! I wish I was that creative.

    ReplyDelete