Tuesday, July 5, 2011

CSA Week




This week I have the awesome opportunity to take advantage of a friends CSA share. I have heard great things about these and have always wanted to learn more, but never looked into it.
Tonite I picked up my bounty and all I can say is WOW!
For those who do not already know CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture. You pay for your share and then you come once a week during the summer (early June through late October) and pick up whatever is in season! I was amazed at the amount of fresh vegi's and herbs I got tonite! (this particular farm is also certified organic which is a plus!!)
My Thirty-One storage tote was FULL! Here is what all we received:
Broccoli, Carrots, Parsley, Basil, Cilantro, Romaine lettuce, Napa Cabbage, Snap Peas, Garlic Scapes, Mixed salad greens, Green Onions, Chard, Kale, Collard Greens and one more green of some sort which I cannot remember what it was called!
My goal is to make sure not of this goes to waste, Honestly I have never eaten about 4 of the items, and never personally prepped a bunch of the others.
Tonite dinner was already prepared so I simply had a romaine salad :) I will try my best to keep track of how I cook each item and whether or not it passed the taste test for me and boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment