Saturday, July 16, 2011

Busy Boxes!



We have implemented our "busy boxes" for a week now and I am loving them.
If you haven't seen something like this before you will want to make some for your little ones!
Granted my guy is only 18months and I feel the boxes would be much more effective with older children especially preschool age but whats the harm?
We started out with 5 boxes and labled them one for each of the weekdays using my cricut expression machine.
Then you will put special toys, books or activities into each box. I typically wait until late afternoon when i'm trying to get supper ready to pull out the box for the day. Like I said I think for an older child you could get them to keep "busy" for quite a bit longer than an 18mo. old, but he still really enjoys them. In fact he might just enjoy taking the things out and putting them back into the boxes more right now but oh well!
Examples of what you can include in your boxes: Puzzles, books, crayons and coloring books, play dough, favorite toys, a special video, games, one of our fave boxes contains clothespins and cups! Think outside the box! These will keep my guy busy for at least 15 minutes most of the time longer though. Feel free to comment below with a link to your version of "busy boxes".

No comments:

Post a Comment