Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Shark!

My next step in greening up my home was to use alternative methods to clean and sanitize our home since I threw out all the yucky "cleaners".

I have had my Shark Steam Pocket Mop for almost a year now, and I am loving it!
First my dislikes though; You have to pump the handle to get the steam to come out, this is natural while you are mopping but it does make it a little harder on your back.... hmmm I think thats really my only gripe.
I love it because; 1.You clean with plain old water nothing else. The steam santizes and cleans in one step! 2. It takes up no more space than my swiffer wet jet did. 3. While the initial cost is a bit more (about $120) you don't have to continue to buy refills of the cleaning solution as with the wet jet. 4. It comes with an attatchment that allows you to sanitize and deodorize your carpets too!
Helps me feel better about having my little guy crawling around on the floors!!!!


Just the other day I purchased the Shark Steam Portable cleaner. And I have never had more fun cleaning my house!
Actually the reason I bought it was because I have to remove wallpaper and the wallpaper steamer I had access to didn't fit in the tight spaces I needed it to. (seemed like a good enough excuse to go buy the steam cleaner I had been wanting ;)

This will run you about $100. But the possibilities are endless :)
So far I have obviously used it to remove the wallpaper, while it isn't necesarilly intended for this purpose it does a good job. I have also cleaned my stove of caked on food spillage. ( I did not have to use the self clean and stink/warm up my house for hours!)
I have cleaned my bathroom tub and the fronts of the dishwasher, microwave, and stove.
The one I purchased came with a few extra attatchments, I found it at Bed Bath and Beyond and used my 20% off coupon. :)
well my teething babe has woken up so in short both products are worth the money!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment