Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Diaper update

We are (or should I say I am) getting much better at using cloth. I do use up all the pocket diapers first because they are just plain easier to use! But then I have the prefolds and covers..... I try to keep atleast two covers with diapers folded up in them ready to go for ease of use. I have noticed a lot less diaper rash while on the cloth diapers. We have gone out of town twice in the past month and both times we used disposables, and both times by the time we got home (which was only about 48 hours later) my poor little guy had a rash starting to crop up. I am reading a really awesome book right now its called Fresh Living by Sara Snow. It is all about ways you can live better, and a lot focuses on what is going on your body, like lotions, soaps, laundry detergent ect. It's really making me think every time I'm too lazy and go grab a disposable diaper about all the potentially dangerous chemicals I am exposing my son too. I am happy to be starting a further investigation into how I can keep these things away from him while he is still young!
I definately reccomend you read this book. I borrowed it from the library then decided there was just too much good information that I could refer too time and time again. So I bought it for myself. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment