Sunday, March 17, 2019

Money Saving Apps Post #2 Swagbucks

Welcome back for post #2 in my series of 
money saving apps!
This is my most favorite way to make money so far! 
Here is my referral link: Swagbucks
This post will be one of the longest, there is a lot to Swagbucks and I will do my best to keep it concise.

I joined about 2 weeks ago and have since earned over 11,733 Swagbucks (SB's). With 100 SB's = $1 that is over $117 I've made in a less than my first month using this app!!!! I have cashed in 2-$25 virtual visas so far and it is quite an easy process.

Here are a few of the ways you can earn money.

1) Fill out your profile survey: this gets you 2SB's per 10 questions which doesn't seem like a whole lot, but the questions are quick and helps the site to give you surveys you will actually qualify for. This saves you a lot of time in the long run!

2) Install the Swag button this gives you an easy 100 SB's 

3) Complete your daily to-do list. Once you have completed 6 of the 8 you get a bonus with a second bonus if you complete all 8.  
the 8 items on the to-do list are as follows
      1) Daily Poll: super quick one question poll.
      2) Daily Search: All you have to do here is search for something in the search bar whether its     directions to the zoo or how to make a peach pie anything will do. It doesn't happen often but sometimes a search can give you random SB's too! I've gotten 14SB's for searching a few times now. 
      3) Deal of the Day: All you have to do is click on the deal of the day link and check it out, no need to purchase or sign up for anything. 
      4) Daily Activity: Right now you click on it and it asks you to install the Swag Button which I have already done.  It has remained this same thing for about a week now, but so long as I click on it I still get it crossed off my list. 
      5) Daily Discover: Here is where you will find your great "money makers" ( I will describe in detail below).  Also there are a lot of great deals here if you are wishing to try something out for free before making a commitment.  Only the deals that say you will get your SB's immediately will cross of your Daily Discover on your to-do list.  Because of this I don't get this crossed off each day, but it's ok I am only shooting for the 6 done each day.
      6) Daily Watch: Click here to start the ad player. I haven't used this feature much, but I know a lot of people will have these videos constantly playing in the background of whatever they are doing to earn SB's. Personally I don't find the payout to be worth the time, but I could be wrong!
     7) Attempt a Gold Survey: Click on this link to get to the "Answer" section of Swagbucks where will find all of the survey's.  All you have to do is try to do a survey to cross this item off of your list.  
     8) Complete a Gold Survey: This can be easier said than done.  It can take a few tries to qualify for a survey. Most of the time if you don't qualify you will still earn 1-5 SB's just for trying. Don't get discouraged here, try a few and then move on if you want. Before you click on a survey it will show you how long each one will take as well as how many SB's you can earn. (Don't forget to fill our your Profile Survey found on the right hand side of the Answer section to help weed out the surveys you won't qualify for!)


4) Daily Goal: At the top of your home screen you will find the Daily Goal. Each day can be a different goal of SB's to earn which will in turn earn you bonus SB's.

5) Refer your friends: A super simple way to earn SB's! If you like what you are doing share it with your friends, you will earn $3 in SB once they have earned their first 300 SB's in their first month.  You will also earn 10% of their lifetime earnings!

6) Shopping with Swagbucks: All you have to do is click through the store link in Swagbucks to be awarded! Typically you will earn a percentage of SB's per $1 spent.  You can do this online or print out or show the cashier your QR code found when clicking on the store you are shopping in. ( I have used this at Best Buy when purchasing my Disney gift cards! See my first post on Saving with Shopkick for details on that purchase. While you are there sign up for ShopKick and read the post to learn how user friendly this app is!

****As of May 2, 2019. Best Buy is up in the air right now as to if SB's are being rewarded on gift card purchases or not. I will update once we know for sure whats going on.

7) A word on "Money Makers".  A money maker is something you purchase or sign up for that makes you more money than it costs you.   For example: Hulu right now when you sign up is 3000SB's ($30!) your first month only costs $5.99 so with this offer you will earn $24!  Now if you love Hulu great keep up your subscription, if you don't wish to keep it be sure to cancel before the month is up and they charge you again.  Make note that some of these deals require you to not cancel within a certain window of time or else they may revoke your SB's. Be sure to make a note or set an alarm on your phone on the day you need to cancel for these types of offers. 
This is a great way to try things out you have been interested in like KidPik, FabFitFun or Dollar Shave Club!

Be sure to never give out information you are uncomfortable with sharing.  If you get halfway though a survey and you don't want to answer the question you can usually click "prefer not to answer" or just quit the survey. 

Redeeming your Swagbucks:  I highly recommend you cash out your first $25 gift card each month and don't save up for a larger card.  Your first $25 card is typically highly discounted so it makes sense to take advantage of that card each month. For instance my first $25 virtual Visa card was 13% off! Subsequent cards are only 1-2% off.  


Now 100SB's per $1 doesn't seem like a whole lot until you look at the bigger picture! earning 2,175 SB's each month to get you that discounted $25 virtual visa will add up to $300 in a year. I think this number is on the small end considering my first month has already earned me over $100!

So check out Swagbucks what do you have to lose? Be sure to ask any questions you may have along the way I am more than happy to help you out on your saving journey! 

What are you saving up for currently? For me it is next years Disney trip of course! I am determined to pay for the entire trip on my own between my money saving apps and my sewing jobs!

Check back for my next post on Fetch
Don't Forget to read post #1 on Shopkick here.



No comments:

Post a Comment